Ambassador Monica Juma, DPhil, CBS handed over to the incoming PS Dr (Eng.) Karanja Kibicho, CBS . during the colorful event at Harambee house , Amb Juma noted that she is handing over the ministry in capable hands . Dr. Kibicho noted the milestone under Amb. Monica Juma . Key in his speech included ;
- The reworked a structure that has placed experienced staff officers in place, in support of field operations effectively.
- Managing to deliver on the full realization for the Executive Order no 3 which locate County Commissioners as the effective representatives of H.E the President at the county level
- Having superintended on the finalization and release of the scheme of service for administrative officers. This act alone clarifies the career path and progression for administrative officers, and will go a long way in ensuring certainty and confidence among our cadre. It is the insurance of the National Government.
- Fulfilling all the statutory requirements including coordinating the production of the state of the nation addresses, report on national cohesion, report on the reform of the provincial administration; the development of an array of policy and legal framework documents for the department of Interior, etc.
- Establishing business processes infusing a great measure of the accountability in our PFMA structures. This is reflected in the huge reduction in audit queries and challenges from more than 130 for FY 2013-2014 to less than 50 in FY 2014-2015; a number that I believe will reduce significantly in FY 2015-2016, and I strongly belief this to be within achievement.